Fire reported at Jernigan Library

Fire reported at Jernigan Library

by -

There was another fire incident on campus today, Oct. 10, at Jernigan Library just before 1 p.m.

Sergeant Aaron Hernandez said the insulation inside the building was the source of the problem.

Yesenia Loera, TAMUK student, works in the government document area in the library and said she noticed a burning smell coming from the air condition system.

“The smell got so bad I told my boss ‘We have to get out of here,'” Loera said. “But then the fire alarm went off so we evacuated.”

The entire library was evacuated right away.

Loera also said their was smoke on the third floor of the library.

The Fire Department was called as a precaution. Fire department could not comment at this time.

Updated Oct. 10 at 3:06 p.m.

We will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.